January 7th, 2021
Starting tomorrow you will be able to register to be a member of the OHSFCA for 2021. The registration will be available online Friday, January 8th on our website: ohsfca.net .
The membership will cost $15 for single memberships and you can register 8 coaches on your staff for $100. There will be a small transaction fee. Each coach registered will need a separate email.
We will be issuing codes to these email addresses that will enable you to view the online/virtual OHSFCA clinic this year.
We will be posting many new coaching videos that are being made by Ohio High School State Champions, State Runner Up coaches, as well as other top high schools around the country. College coaches from all levels will be doing videos as well. These videos are being made for the OHSFCA. These coaches realize that we have had to cancel our in person clinic and have stepped up to help out the OHSFCA.
Other state clinics are charging upwards of $100 a person to participate in their virtual clinics.
We are planning on having at least 60 videos available and possibly up to 125 videos all for the price of $15, our normal membership fee.
The date of February 5th is set as the date to open the online clinic. Please follow @ohsfca on Twitter to get updates on speakers for the online clinic.
As I stated in my last letter, there are many benefits to being a member. Another one of those is the availability to vote in early March for Coach of the Year and Assistant Coach of the Year as well as regional director elections.
We have a great plan to get our members a huge amount of information to continue to improve as coaches through this online clinic.
Thank you for your support of OHSFCA
Kenton High School
I would like to update you on what has been going on since the season ended. In early December the Board of Directors had a meeting where many different things were discussed.
First of all the OHSFCA Clinic has been cancelled, but we will be having a clinic for members of the association on our webpage. More information will be available in January. Included in your Clinic Fee has always been our membership for you. So in order to watch the clinic you will need to become a member. We will start the new membership in January. The membership fee will be $15 a Coach or a Coach can get 8 memberships for $100. This will allow you to watch the clinic talks and also to enjoy all the benefits of being a member, which I will highlight in this email later. We will have hours of clinic talks available on our website...State Champ and Runner Up Coaches and many top coaches as well.
Secondly the board did make the decision to cancel the 2021 North/South games based on many different factors that the North/South committee saw as hurdles to the game being played. We will be honoring the players selected in some fashion. North/South Coaches will be selecting the teams.
Being a member of the OHSFCA allows us to be able to do many great things:
1) The OHSFCA offers scholarships each year for graduating seniors across the state of Ohio. Last year the association awarded $38,500 in scholarships and in the last 3 years alone over $115,000 has been given to deserving graduates. The OHSFCA is able to offer this scholarship program thanks to the involvement by our membership throughout the state of Ohio.
2) Being a member of the Association allows member coaches to be selected to Coach in the North/South game as well as have their players participate in the game
3) Hospitality room at the State Championship games over the years has been a great perk for members of the Association as well
4) Academic All-Ohio Individual and Team Program has been another benefit of being a member as well.
5) Although we will not be handing out awards this year at the clinic make sure you are still nominating Assistant Coaches for Service Awards and Head Coaching wins . We will announce them at the 2022 Clinic.
6) The Hall of Fame will be having two nights in June for the recognition of the two incoming classes for the Hall. Last year had to be postponed.
Fill out this link https://forms.gle/v7U7GVAGMdJR3dhu8 to nominate someone for the OHSFCA Hall of Fame
7) Nominate Art Teynor award
8) Nominate SEI award
9) Nominate Head Coach of the year Award
10) Nominate Assistant Coach of the year Award
11) State 7on7 and Lineman Challenge
12) 75% of Schools with memberships gets the OHSAA attention
13) The protocols that the OHSFCA was able to come up with that gave us an opportunity to play this season. Most teams were able to play a full season and we were able to crown 7 State Champions. Other states used our protocols to get their seasons in as well.
I know there are many other things as well.
Please support our Association in becoming a member. Membership will be available on our website starting after January 3rd. Remember every coach will need an individual email address to tie the membership to for the clinic.
Thank you and have a safe and Merry Christmas.
Head Football Coach
Kenton High School
President of the OHSFCA
The Ohio High School Football Coaches Association welcomes the Class of 2021!
The class of 2021 banquet is scheduled for June 11th at 6PM (cash bar), 7PM will be the dinner and introduction at 8PM at the Easton Hilton.
Members being introduced;
Phil Annarella- Austintown-Fitch, Warren Harding
Steve Channell- Edgewood, Miamisburg
Jeff Bayuk- Warren JFK, Hubbard
Chip Otten- Coldwater, Middletown
Mike Golden- Watterson, Upper Arlington
Chris Kubbs- Marion Pleasent
Congratulations to the new class of 2021!
Due to Covid-19 the class of 2020 banquet is scheduled for June 10th at 6PM (cash bar), 7PM will be the dinner and introduction at 8PM at the Easton Hilton.
Members being introduced;
Whit Parks- Zanesville, Minster
Brian Cross- Grove City, Canton McKinley, Bishop Ready
Ty Fleming- Shadyside
Jim Ryan- Olmsted Falls
Steve Bartlett- Carroll & Southeastern
Bill Albright- Midview
Updated OHSFCA Scholarships 2020
ATTENTION LOOKING FOR: Any film copies of previous North-South All-Star games. The Ohio High School Football Coaches Association is trying to track down a copy of the ‘83 game. We appreciate any help that you can give us. Please contact James Reimueller (Co-Historian) at firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide a positive student centered environment in which student athletes will participate in orgainized team sports which emphasize a commitment to excellence in the classroom as well as the athletes' particular sport. We provide student athletes with life-long lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, ethical behavior, perseverance, commitment, loyalty, self-discipline, accomplishment, cooperation, healthy living, responsibility, and leadership skills.
|Ohio High School Football Coaches Association - Paul Yunker Treasurer|
|Phone Number (419) 658-8961|
|Email Address email@example.com|